Monday, November 26, 2007

Happy Birthday Alex

I can't believe it has already been a year.

It feels like yesterday Alex was a week overdue and I was ready to rip him out of me by force.


Luckily he came shooting out in record time. There are still stains in the van from the infamous day.
It feels like so long ago we were holding that tiny little baby and recounting his story to every person we knew.


I remember making these wool pants while I was pregnant and then after one explosive "black tar" poo I accidentally washed them and they wouldn't even fit a doll after that. But I got the picture I had been planning for months!



Alex has been hugged and kissed and squeezed so hard we thought he would vomit. But he has lived to tell the tale.

He has always been a delightful baby and we hope his wonderful personality continues forever.l.
Alex loves to be the center of attention and loves to say "hi" to every person, car, tree and animal we happen to pass. He loves music and incredibly enjoys the horrible music that his Mommy sings to him. Books are his favorite along with any kind of ball.
It has been a wonderful year and I can't wait to see how much Alex will change over the next year.
WE LOVE YOU ALEX, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

7 comments:

Emily said...

This birth story still amazes me! I can't believe he is 1 already! Hey, we almost share a birthday!

Lorrin, can you send me your address for Christmas card purposes?

Thanks!

emnjloria@juno.com

The Mad Planter, LLC - Lorrin Wagner said...

Actually his birthday was today (the 27th) but I didn't have enought time to post today so I did it late last night. I am such a cheater. He had a great and mellow day as I hope you did. Thank you! I will send you the address.

Emily said...

Thanks lorrin. I didn't know we shared a B-day! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALEX! He is so cute.

Heather said...

I tell your birth story when ever birth conversations come up. it is one of the greatest. Happy Birthday to that beautiful little boy.

hope said...

Happy Birthday, Alex!!!

***LIZ*** said...

Happy Birthday Alex. Wow he is really allready a year old, the time just flies! He is such a handsome little guy!

Sarah said...

That boy is SO cute. I can't believe he is a year.