1. First stop, Cracker Barrel to deliver some food to Jeff.
2. Some great yard sales that had a few toys for a few bucks. Some great finds that Nick really enjoyed. This racer went with a set and it crashes and the top pops off. Pretty cool if you ask me.
3. To the library. We returned some books and got some new ones. The highlight of the trip is a ride up and down in the elevator. My current reading selections for myself: Flags of Our Fathers and Left for Dead. I have a current obsession with WWII Pacific battle with Japan. James Bradley is an incredible author and the books read like fiction. Very good! Nick's top choices: Raisin and Grape (a book about a grandfather raisin and his grandson, Grape, very cute!) as well as What does Rain Say? Amish Horses and various others with excellent illustrations (my top priority!).
4. To the park, after Nick's pleading I gave in, it is around the corner from the library. It was brutally hot so I talked Nick into leaving for some bribery of Ice Cream!
5. Campbell's Dairyland. They have great food, great ice cream and some cool old toys. It is like Tastee Freeze but better.
And, alas, a video of Alex since he has learned to clap. He loves to have kisses blown to him and I am trying to teach him that and some other signs. He gets a kick out of all of it.
And then Jeff and I watched "Hitcher" after the boys went down at 6. What a scary and really good movie, really gave me the creeps!