Thursday, July 5, 2007

Happy 4th!

Well I have been sick since this last weekend so I wasn't much in the mood to do anything. I have been really sore and have had a fever a lot. It is miserable, I feel like I just got done running a marathon, typing a book and jumping up and down a million times. It is worse in the morning, before my medicine and coffee (Alex doesn't mind it so I just keep drinking it - organic of course). So we missed the parade but Jeff got to go see Transformers with his brother and a friend and then we went to Grandma's house for a barbeque. We left with the intention of putting the boys down for a nap and then coming back but I told Jeff - nope, the boys need their sleep (me too). So he headed back over for a night of danger and explosions. I heard the fireworks all night and the girls were really scared but it is over now. In Florida the fireworks last about a week or two and they are EVERYWHERE!! It is soooo dangerous and obnoxious but the boys (Jeff and his brothers) really love it. You could easily blow $300 on fireworks and get a huge extravaganza or you could go to a show, but where is the danger in that. I told Nick the dangers of fireworks and really hyped it up as being a gun in your hand that will blow limbs off, he wouldn't go near them after that - too bad.

I hope everyone had a good holiday and enjoyed themselves.


***LIZ*** said...

Didn't we read a story about that in grade school, where the kid exploded a firework in his hand and blew off his fingers... or maybe that was the story my parents told me so I wouldn't play with fireworks. I'm sorry to hear you are feelng lousy. My dogs go nuts for the fireworks too, it's a good thing all our neighbours have dogs except for one lady who is about 250 and can't hear any more... so we all just ignore the other's barking.

Blurbs of the Holcomb Family said...

I am sorry you are not well, Lorin. That is a bummer. Yours sounds a lot like ours though. However, today is the second day now that I have not been in bed or on pain killers all day. I think I am on the road to feeling normal. Now I just hope my singing isn't affected by this. That is what I am waiting for.